No Longer Approp to Watch...

Photobucket
(Photo by Frazer Harrison, Getty Images)

While it may be no longer approp for me to watch the Teen Choice Awards as I am 22, I do find it necessary to critique what everyone wore. (And must admit that I frantically searched for photos of everyone's ensembles after the show aired.) There were some hits and MISSES (caps are necessary).

Especially with an event such as The Teen Choice Awards, it is necessary to look young, hip, and YOUR AGE. I still don't get why these beautiful young stars insist on sexing it up for award shows. YOU ARE CUTE, KEEP IT THAT WAY! It really is too bad that a lot of young girls look up to these stars and start to dress way too provocatively too young. It is also too bad that parents these days allow their children to look up to these stars as idols instead of being role models themselves! But that is enough soap boxing...

Photobucket
(Photo Jason Merritt Getty Images)

My evaluation of these outfits in no way reflects upon my opinion of the star pictured. Especially you, Miley Cyrus, even though you looked like a street walker, you rock. Don't take it personally.

This post was inspired by my friend asking me to find out who made the dress that Selena Gomez wore to the awards. SHE hit it out of the park and looked PHENOMENAL and age approp, most importantly. Oh, by the way, her dress is Baby Phat. Bet you wouldn't have guessed that. Ever. Proof that you can find great outfits everywhere! Just as long as you know what you are looking for. I would have gone with an open toe shoe though. But hey, I am being picky.

Photobucket
(Photo Jason Merritt Getty Images)
Britney, I love you, but you are a mess. Those shoes are terribly unflattering, "A" for effort.


Photobucket
(Photo Jason Merritt Getty Images)
Kristen Stewart, could you look worse? I think not. Charlize Theron was already casted in Monster in 2003, you missed the boat.


Photobucket
(Photo Jason Merritt Getty Images)
Vanessa Hudgens, you look so cute with clothes on. Let's keep it that way. Perfect color for her coloring too! I love brunettes in purple!
Dress-Christian Dior
Pumps-Brian Atwood

Photobucket
Alexis Bledel, Barbara Bush looked better in this dress when she wore it. In 1990. In this size.
(Photo Frazer Harrison Getty Images)

Photobucket
(Photo Kevin Mazur WireImage)
Audrina, Wilma Flinstone called, she wants her necklace back.

Photobucket
(Photo Jason Merritt Getty Images)
Leighton Meester ROCKED it! She hit the trifecta! Young, fresh, and hip...in a Louis Vuitton Dress and Brian Atwood pumps. She does a commendable job of mixing pattern with color without inducing hallucinations.

Brian Atwood heels really seemed to be the trend at this year's TCA. If you haven't heard of him before, he is a model turned shoe designer who is really making a splash on the Hollywood shoe scene. (Or should I say he is "kickin' the Hollywood shoe scene in to high gear? Stomping out the competition? Givin' other shoe designers the BOOT? Ok I am done.)

Through Pink Colored Glasses,

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment