Happy BLUE Year!

Photobucket
It's 2010! That means I will be writing 2009 by mistake on my papers for the next three months. Awesome. Anywho, I hope everyone had a happy and safe new year's celebration!
Photobucket
For my BLUE year's celebration I wore an adorable royal blue off-the-shoulder romper from Arden B. (Now you get the title of my post!) It took everything I had not to wear sequins since they are so hot right now! I opted out because I figured everyone and their dog would probably be wearing sequins! I love the jewel tone of my romper and liked that it was different from what I usually wear for new year's celebrations. (Apologies that the picture doesn't display my whole outfit, I barely took pictures!)
Photobucket
I paired the romper with an eclectic mix of rocker and classy jewels. Layered mixed bangles are a perfect way to jazz up any outfit! I bartered with my sister to get mine! In case your sibling haggling skills are not up to par I found some bangles that you could buy from Forever 21 to get the same look!
Photobucket
Pair with some of these also from Forever 21 to mix up the set.
Photobucket
To offset the rocker bangles I wore a beautiful vintage inspired cocktail ring from Banana Republic.
Photobucket
I ADORE this ring and got a great deal on it! My earrings are also from Banana Republic and I have had them for years!
Photobucket
Banana Republic doesn't have any similar earrings right now but I found these on Forever 21 that have the same vintage feel and would still match the ring.
Photobucket
My FAVORITE part of the ensemble was my blue gradient manicure! I thought that I came up with this genius idea on my own but my nail technician told me that other people have asked for the same look. I shall choose not to believe her and pat myself of the back regardless. I faded the colors from light to dark starting on my thumb and love the look! I can't wait until summer to try this out with different shades of pink!
Photobucket
In the theme of BLUE I must mention two great wins from my home team! Unfortunately I did not make the trip to New Orleans for the football game but I still cheered my little heart out in the 'ville. Congratulations to all the seniors and a big thank you to Tim Tebow for four great years! (Stated as if he reads my blog. Duh.)

In other Gator news, the Gator basketball team cinched a win against NC State yesterday all thanks to my buddy Chandler Parson's 75 foot NOTHIN' BUT NET hail mary buzzer beater. I recorded the shot on my iPhone and uploaded it to YouTube right after it happened. My crappy video of the TV has over NINE THOUSAND VIEWS! Check out this miracle moment below, you can hear my sister giggling in the background because this was about the fourth time we had re-watched it.
Through Pink Colored Glasses,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment