Euro Fashion Recap Part One: Be a Swinger!

Photobucket
As most of you who read my blog may know, I recently took my first trip across the pond. During my trip I made SURE to snatch up fashion mags everywhere I could so I could report everything that I saw! I was actually pretty surprised that the fashion was not too far ahead of the good 'ol states! Even though that was the case, I still found some great ideas that I would like to share with y'all! I also discovered TONS of Euro-only stores that sell their clothing, accessories, and shoes online! Let's all cross our fingers that the dollar appreciates and we can go bananas Euro-shopping rather than crying after looking at the exchange calculations. Since there is positively too much to blog about in just one post, I will write a couple installments of some of my favs from the magazines.

Ok so I know you are wondering why I titled this post, "Be a Swinger!" No, no, I am not advocating a life of partner swapping and living with reckless abandon...I am talking about SWING COATS! This snippet is from Vogue UK!

The Swing Coat
Photobucket
Swinging is fun! Even though it is hard for me to come to grips with the dropping temps, I love cute winter wear. This particular denim swing coat was sewn from an old Vogue design specifically for this article. I absolutely LOVE it! This outfit is perfect for a cool day and could be converted easily to accommodate cooler weather! Even though you can't purchase this custom coat, there are plenty of adorable swing coats in stores! I LOVE the mix of patterns and textures in this outfit. Pile on the necklaces over a breezy white top and a pair of shorty shorts with heels and you are set!

Swing Coats in a Dark Palette
A darker palette allows for greater ease of pattern mixing. If you wanted to pair these darker coats with an outfit similar to the one above, simply pair with black shorts, a black micro mini (with or without tights!) or even black leggings!
Photobucket
Charlotte Russe
$34.99
Photobucket
Forever 21
$32.80
Photobucket
Seven for All Mankind
$149

Swing Coats with a Splash!
Each of these yummy coats can be worn with the same type of outfit as shown in the magazine! Or you can pair them with a short, structured dress for a work look!
Photobucket
Forever 21
$24.80
Photobucket
Asos
$76.49
This one is actually from a UK site!
Photobucket
Anthropologie
$128

Now let's all shop and be SWINGERS!

Through Pink Colored Glasses,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment